Erased and Omori
[Don't worry, no spoiler in this text]
Boku dake ga inai machi (Erased) and Omori are psychological story. I found Erased manga before I knew that it has been adapted as anime and live action. I read an article about the manga and anime comparison. I also watched the synopsis of the anime. I'm glad that I chose to read the manga instead of watch the anime, because the manga is more detailed. As a mystery story, the manga gives several clues but not as obvious as the anime, so we can try to figure the puzzle out while reading the manga. The ending is way much different too. In the manga, the story ends by a final mystery, a final battle between the protagonist and antagonist. In the anime, they confront each other too, but the resolve is quite.. simple. I also love that in the manga, the character background and development is described.
Omori, unlike Erased, is a psychological-horror game. It is nonlinear game, so our decision will determine the ending. It has several endings that may give you different emotion. Omori provides surrealistic world, whom I love so much. The soundtracks are good. I already fell in love with the soundtracks even before finished watching the gameplay. Just like Erased, in the beginning of Omori's story, we have a "puzzle" of mystery. As the game flows, we would find clues that give us information about what is going on and what *will* go on.
I highly recommend you to read Erased manga and watch Omori gameplay (or play it by yourself, it doesn't cost too much. My friend said it is about IDR108,000).
Comments
Post a Comment