Random Thoughts in the Midnight

Today I asked a question to a friend that had a PhD proposal defense: "Do you enjoy doing research?"

He said, "Yes I do."

"How come?"

"I'm forced to. Initially I didn't. Especially that my PhD research is very different from my previous research. But I kept doing it, I am basically forced to do it, and eventually I enjoy doing it."

I don't know what to say. Will I reach that point? I can imagine that I could. What are the obstacles? I think I can enjoy the process if I can more focus on the process rather than the result. If I read more. Think more. Less escape. Meet the "right" people.

I miss meeting "the" people. Or they are actually there? I feel that some of them, at least, are here. There are "those" people. But I am not alone.

Other friend asked me: "Why am I comparing myself to my colleagues?"

I said, "I can understand what you feel. I think it is not weird to think of that way. But is it good/ideal, that's another story. Which I can't answer."

Can I not answer or am I avoiding difficult question? What if I ask the same question for myself? Am I asking questions more than trying to answer, so that I can avoid myself?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dèjá Vu (2)

Karena Thanos Tidak Belajar Persamaan Diferensial

Mekar Berduri