I Was 12
I was 12 when I saw an empty gaze
From a woman in my room
I was 12 when I saw a last note
Written on the back of my school book
I was 12 when I saw an endless crying
In the middle of the day when no one's at home
I was 12
When I went out to play
Looking for someone to say goodbye
I searched her everywhere and ended up seeing her in the kitchen
She hid something
I went out and locked the door
I was 12
When I immediately returned home before playing
I searched my key and opened the door
I saw a knife on her hand
I was 12 when I held a hand that held a knife
I did not know what happened but I said "don't do it"
My powerless self hugged her and keep the knife away from us
Suddenly tears fell down our faces
And the conversation faded in my memory
The knife fell down and a promise came out from her lips:
"I won't do it."
I was 12 when I lied to my friends
They asked me why was I late
"I had to go to the toilet."
My 12 self imagined a horrible event
A pool of red with no one live
If I didn't pull out my key and went back home at the right time
I was too little to be understand
Took me almost a decade
To know exactly
What it feels.
20230423
Comments
Post a Comment